Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lights,Camera...Action!


Well, its been a week of constant work, and a lot of sketching, finally the characters are set and now we are into the production, there are 2 current pages in progress, we hope pepole might get interested in the project so we can put it up togheter faster, at this moment things look good, Im getting faster at sketching, so that will cover the problem of having no staff what-so-ever, I'm all alone in this job, Alefaso will help me as much as he can, but his main job will be pretty much continuing with the story and also checking the flow of dialogs, I'll probably use him as a typesetter, or cleaner, if he has time.

Dear charming is very close to see light, I'm still deciding whether to make a site for it or to distribute it trough Zip packets, I guess I'll worry when the time comes. I've decided to make this manga probably either a 20 or 24 page manga, probably 24, if the story cuts before the 24th page I'll just add fill-ins like all good mangaka do (not that I'm any good though) .Things are getting exciting, there is a lot of talent out there, but so many don't do much with it, Im not a genius, I was like them, sleeping while the world continued rolling, so I lost tons of skill, I wonder what kind of artist would have I become if I just had practiced all this 8 years, well, too late, so I'm starting again, this time I won't stay asleep, I ain't going to be the best mangaka in the world, nor is my desire, I don't have that sort of dream, that ain't fitting for me.This is my hobbie, that I love to death, is a passion that flows trough my veins, and I will die with it, I have dreams, of course, but they will come true just as I exercise this hobbie while I continue to live in the real world where the artist is either poor (the vast majority) or a few that are rich, that's why the artist path is not one for me, because I will have more planned than that in the future, a possible family,as you know kids will require attention and money, all those expenses will come only through another job that will not be trough making manga. My best advise, do this as a hobbie if you are not rich, and prepare to be competitive with a career that can give you economical stability.

That said, lets continue where I started, this is a long run project, my purpose is to start the thread, to pull the trigger, I will take it as long as I can, my goal is to have 2 finished mangas of 24 pages each by the end of this year,and if posible to have one chapter done each month until I complete the first season, if we have extra time I might come up with a Goodie for Xmas.

The project will now officially begin the production phase. I will leave a screenshot of the 2 pages in "pencils" at this moment. Hopefully the average will be around 2-3 per day. Unless I get fired up then I can make up to 6, that ain't happening often fellows, so don't expect too much of that.I'm currently using Corel Painter if you ever wondered what program it is, I like it a lot, is simple and intuitive, not as hardcore as photoshop, it gets things done, and beautifully, at least works good for me, I know photoshop rules, I've used it, nothing can beat it, is simply the best, but I'm a simple man, I like to work with programs that follow the KISS rule, what is KISS? it stands for "Keep It Simple Stupid!", so Corel Painter is actually a program for people who are more attached to that "do it on paper with pencils" kind of person, like me, so thats why I like it, anyhow, all this so you could know what program I use if that ever matters, and if the pics aren't that clear is because the zoom is set at almost half the real size of the pages.

That's it, look forward for Dear charming Chapter 1, Volume 1, "La nueva niña" (The new Girl), this november.
Hazehell

4 comments:

Unknown said...

eh Aza, repórtate!!!
manda un mail, algo...

Unknown said...

pues sigues offline y no te puedo responder.... ahí nos vemos pues mañana como a las 10 en rectoría, ahí te ves....

wtf?! said...

mensoooo!!!
tieeeeeeeeeeeeeeempooooooooooooo!

alefaso said...

bueno DC DC hay que seguirlo xDU.. ..